Thursday, May 1, 2014

Getting Fit

Yes, that's what I've been trying to do, tone up, lose some weight and be more conscious of my eating habits. 

In the last three years I've gained at least 15 pounds, it's probably just from slowing down and enjoying life more or more than likely it's from being 50+ and my metabolism changing a lot. Now is the time to change with my body. 

Food is my first true enjoyment, anyone that knows me will attest to the fact I have a giant sweet tooth.  So as you can imagine, having to make wiser choices as I get older is really a challenge for me.  

Off the record, while Charlie and I were out west last fall we were in the middle of nowhere and I actually had to open a sugar packet and dump it on my tongue just to feel better. Now you know why I need serious reforming. 

So I've been working on the food part of being healthy (cutting out sweets) for the last couple of months, I was hard core, it takes time.   I have tried to cut back on my portions and make better decisions when it comes to the foods I do eat and seriously cut out sugar.  

So here I am doing my plank- I'm shooting for 4 minutes, I'm getting there. 


You think it looks easy? Haw haw ! 
It is part of my hula hoop regimen. You actually have other moves that's go with it but it dose strengthen your core.  

This next shot is me practicing a move called "isolation" it's tricky, but what I like about it is it strengthans your shoulders like crazy!!! 


So there you have it, that's where my brain has been lately.  Starving and tourturing myself.  

OH, and don't forget, perparing to migrate north. 

See Ya. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh.... I too gained a ton of weight over the past year and a half. I don't eat properly and I don't move enough. See... right now I am sitting at my computer when I should go for a walk. LAZY! Yep, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not alone in the boat! Appreciate your comment❤️

    ReplyDelete