Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Project Day

I woke up with project brain.  You know the feeling, all itchy to jump into or get going on new projects, actually it hasn't happened to me I quiet awhile so - giddy- up!  I'm going for it.  

I wanted to be home at noon, so I took my shower and organized myself enough to get out the door by 10:45- hey I'm trying. 

I wanted to hit the Salvation Army before the real hardcore hunters got there.  Sure, I should have been waiting at the door at 9:00 when it opened.  No matter, I still found 2 great finds.  It made the trip worth while. 

Up north here I have pretty much given up on finding any deals on thrift clothes after being in FL where they KNOW what a deal is.  So I go for fabric.  I've been embroidering and found some linen last week and hoped to be as lucky today, nope on that.  But, I did find some awesome cream colored rough textured Cotten that had just the right look for the background of my sewing.  And, I lucked out on the perfect Christmas red, long wool skirt for rug hooking, YEAH!  


This is the red skirt after I washed it and ripped all the seems out, to prepare to cut into strips.  The color is so vibrant my iPhone had a hard time catching it correctly. 



And here is the course Cotten fabric all washed and deconstructed. You can see the rings on the table, the panels must have been kitchen curtains.  I can't wait to start a project with them. At least I won't have to go to the Salvation Army for awhile with this stash waiting for me.  



This isn't the best picture, I know.  I have become hooked on this stuff.  I started using it in Florida, Charlie is allergic to certain purfumes and most fabric soaps and softners are way to strong for him. The magic of thes little sweeties is that you add the amount you want.  I have a very good nose so only a little needed, Charlie dose not even smell it but I do and it makes me happy.  Win, Win.  So you know how the above fabric now smells after a wash in this. 

I'm just chomping at the bit to get started on that fabric so I will let you go and get busy. 


Byefornow.


No comments:

Post a Comment