Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Friends with Chicks

What a nice day. It was supposed to rain but not a drop fell, it was even sunny and warm.  

I had to make a run to the drugstore in my old town, so I swung by my friends house on the way home.  She is the friend with the chicken castle. 

 Well, today I got to see the new chicks actually in the castle.  I helped her move them up from nursery into Jr High, figuratively speaking anyway.   


They were in a smaller container and I helped her take them out and give them about half of the full floor space.   They were thrilled, take my word for it, I could just tell.  They don't look thrilled in this pic because we were standing right over them, they are nervous and camera shy, when we peeked in the side window they were all spread out relaxing.  



 It's probably a good thing she did upgrade them, we found one of the poor dears bloody and pecked at.  Being in too tight quarters can make even chickens testy.  
Here Hilary is getting a lid to put grain on for the beat up one.  She made a "hospital" box for her with a private lamp, feed, water and comfy shavings. I mean really what more could the little peep want? No! Cable and phone service is out. 

It was such a pleasure to putter around with chickens again.  In my other life I always had a couple dozen or so running around the place, so this little dip into the chickeny past was nice.  

Awe...... Friends with Chicks, "Its a good thing".

Cluck....cluck.....cluck........


Byefornow.


No comments:

Post a Comment