Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Little Gardening


Getting a little done in my garden the other day, it seems like forever since I've worked in them.  

Just a quick post to show you some shots of my activities. 


Planted six lettuce plants in the end of the raised bed, I actually could use six more and some arugula. 





Under the rock and blue lid is my current experiment.  

You who know me are familiar with my love of worm farming.  I've keep worms for the past five years indoors off and on.  I even had a great batch of them going strong for a year in one of my apartments, I loved it! 

Since Charlie and I like to travel worm farming is not really practicle so I saw this method on the internet.  Using a bucket or the like with holes in the bottom, you place your food scraps into it and let the worms come up and eat the scraps.  I'm so excited to see if it works, I will keep you posted through the summer.  Now you know why the heavy rock is on the lid, NO DUMPSTER DIVING! 


This is my raspberry bed, it needs attention but I love looking at it anyway.  It's funny how you can see way more weeds in a picture than you can in real life, guess you know what I'll be doing tomorrow. 




Here's the whole layout of the backyard beds, the bed to the front with the pedestal has herbs in it, lots of different kinds, I like the the cottage garden busy look- oh! You couldn't tell ?  LOL 


 I have front yard ares also but I haven't started them yet. 

Well off I go, it was a cloudy rainy day, I'm still sleepy so ......... 

Bye. 




No comments:

Post a Comment