Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Project Day Again

Back at it again today, actually it's been going on since Monday.  I have a goal to knit socks in the round on double pointed needles.  
HA! It's much harder than I thought, actually not the knitting them, but manuplitating the needles while putting on the ribbing.  

I started and hit a wall, I couldn't remember which way to connect the rounds and some other general things- so the long and the short of it is, I unravelled it all, went to YouTube for refresher lessons on Norwegian purling and knitting in the round on double pointed needles.  Thank God for YouTube! 


Here is the practice refresher project I did today, to warm me up for the "real project".

My other big adventure I'm working on is vintage embrodery.  A friend from Florida, who lives in Kentucky off season sent me a craft book with patterns in it.  It addressed an issue I was interested in ,the tinting of fabric before embroidering on it.  The effect is extremely pretty, makes the embrodery really pop.  So I practiced on a small sample peice, and am totally in love with the technique.  Crayons! Can you believe it, something so simple.  I'm in love. 


Here is the transfer to be ironed onto the fabric. I used a photo copy of the design and traced it with the special iron on pencil. 


This is what it looked like after I placed the color on it, here are my thread color choices. 




This is not the best pic, and yes I still have to do the leaves, but once this is flattened and stretched, what a wonderful little peice of art.  Mostly it adds color and I LOVE color !!!!



All this craftyness made me hungry. NO, I did not eat the whole half myself. I had scooped out that half and refrigerated it, I was just cleaning up the rest. I love watermelon. 

Phew..... Time for a nap. 


Bye....💤💤💤💤💤

 

No comments:

Post a Comment