Friday, May 23, 2014

Mason Jar Madness

Sometimes I'm just amazed at how fast manufactures can produce a product in response to customer trends. Today,  I had a few extra moments to paruse the housewares isle at my fave store, don't shoot me.  Yes, it's Walmart.  

If you have noticed in the last six months to a year Pinterest has had a lot of canning jar ideas.  Well, I guess the ball company has a Pinterest account too.  


They had these lids for putting on your canning jars and securing with your own metal ring, four in a package with nice hard plastic reusable (BPA free) straws, WOW.  
I didn't buy any of course (can you hear me cheeply squeaking ?) I have punched holes in my tops with a nail and have been using them for years.  But, aren't these snazzy !!!  Only about 5$.  If your nervous around hammers and nails they would really be worth it.  



And check these out!!! I love, love, love them!!!!!  They had this package with the jars for the price showing on yellow sticker.   They were smart and were also selling two tops separately for around 1.50$ , pic below. 


I love canning jars they are the answer to everything, especially if you shudder at the thought of storeing your food in plastic containers as I do.  

I would buy these caps above.   The plastic is only on the lid and the price for the caps alone is good considering you have a flip open top and it seals tight.  

I am visualizing all sorts of applications, cinnamon and sugar, homemade flavored salt, my home dried herbs, I could go on and on.   Oh sweet dreams.     

In my home I use the jars for all sorts of things every day.  I put leftovers in them, lunch for work, dried food in the bigger ones ( ant proof) not to mention we drink out of them.  By using your jars in such a way you can save storage space because your drinking jar shelf is your storage jar shelf also.  YES, YES !

I hate to admit it but all this food talk is making me hungry, gotta go.


Bye....


 

1 comment:

  1. Great Alice !! I will have to get over to Walmart and get some of those lids. And the idea of using jars for leftovers and such is a great idea. I would love to get rid of all the plastic !! This may be a double post. Not sure what happened to the first one? :)

    ReplyDelete