Monday, April 28, 2014

Gluten Free Biscotti ?

Yup, today I got crazy again and had a craving for a sweet treet.  So I rustled up my GF baking cookbook, and searched for a reicipe that required ingredients I still had on hand.  We are trying to use up all the stocked goods we have so we don't look like the Beverly Hillbilys going home.  But I found a reicipe that fit the bill. 

Biscotti, it's a family favorite, (my mom and me).  Charlie is a sport about all my cooking an will not mind my choice one bit.  He claims to be picky about his sweets, but he has never complained about any of the things I've whipped up.

I have started choosing GF recipes for the treets because the ingredients are not as familiar to me so it poses a bit of a mystery and puzzle.  See, I can cook have a sweet treet and a challenge too.  

So here's  the pictures to show the destruction of the kitchen and the reconstruction.  I'm not much of a great house keeper, Charlie is the main deep cleaner in our marriage, but I am a great tidier and organizer so between us we keep a nice house. 


The dinner mess was mixed in there also. 


Aha..... Doesn't that feel better?  Makes me feel better- that it's all done. 


This is the second baking, biscotti is baked in the log form first and then cut and rebaked to finish off. 
They came out really good, Charlie will surely like them. 

Just so you know we are really in Florida, I'm going to leave you with a peek at our thermometer today.  



Byefornow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment