Friday, April 4, 2014

Getting Excited



Well hello there! What happened to, "I'm going to blog every day", statement? 

After we picked our friends up from the airport we went on a vacation with them. It was so much fun showing them around, we got to see places we enjoy and share them with friends. 

They left Wednesday, takes a couple days to get back into the "life" grove. Today I finally hit the inspiration vein, it was at the sewing store. The ladies here have been telling me about it and I did go in once but, that was with Charlie. Today I decided instead of riding my bike to Walmart I would peddle to the Sewing Garrett and have a leisurely look see. Mistake! I wasn't going to buy anything, ha ha, you know how that goes...... $12.00 later, and trust me I was very conservative in my choices.  

While there I was thinking about all kinds of things I could make but settled on using some fabric I had at home with some I bought to make a bag I have been wanting. I also bought a zipper and package of needles, good thing I did, I broke three working on it.

I have a friend who said one day, "It helps to have to have a project to work on, to get out of bed with a smile", that might not be an exact quote but you get the gist of it. After thinking about her saying that I totally agree. I would expand it to say you really do have to have things in your life that you look forward to and get you excited to make life interesting.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what makes me excited. At first you think of all the traditional things that you are supposed to say, friends, family, the fact that you are alive. You get my point. It's not that simple - What really gets you excited? Those are the things you need to do and do more of. For me I love to make things, strange things, strange because most people think they are odd but, it gets me excited being different. Blah blah.... sermons over. Here is the bag I made.




It's a toiletry bag for when I travel, not perfect but different. I used to just use a gallon ziplock bag with a hole reinforced with grey duct tap on it. I'm moving up.


So I'm going to concentrate on what REALLY excites me, I hope you think about it to. Life is to long to live it board. 




See ya.



No comments:

Post a Comment