Thursday, April 17, 2014

Landscaping and A Visitor

Charlie decided that we needed mulch around our plants today, so off we went and purchessed five bags of a light tan mulch. I was sure five bags would be a ton.  Wrong! It turned out to be just enough, so much for my guesstimate LOL. 
When we got back from buying the mulch I was about to run into the garage and put the other purchases in the house and there waiting for me was a visitor.  Really, it's the first one I have seen since we have been here.  You can imagine how startled I was as I went to grab the door handle.  


After that little burst of energy, I was more than ramped up for helping Charlie spread the mulch. 

 

Looks great don't you think?  We were pleased with how it turned out. 

Oh, where did the snake go?  He I hi-tailed it right off the carport, around the end of the house, past the back shead and through the fence that leads to the athletic field of the school in back of us- he's some grounds maintaince mans problem now!  Yes! I followed him the whole way, a piece of mind for me. 

Bye for now. 

6 comments:

  1. That is one big snake!! But the mulch looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks travis for commenting, helps me feel like I'm not writing to myself LOL - that snake sure startled me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that's such a yucky snake! Is it like a yard long?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you said you followed it all the way away from your place, lol! The mulch looks wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was over a yard, skinny but creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete