Saturday, April 26, 2014

A Day At The Beach


Today was the first day we have actually gone swimming and body boarding since we got back in January.  And, what a blast we had! 

Charlie has his permit for driving the car on the beach so it is convient for us to go, no schlepping beach gear to the water, how cool is that.  Remembering when we were in Cape Cod last summer and dragging stuff a half mile in the beating heat and then lugging it back up a cliff that could be used in military boot camp drills. I'll take the car on the beach any day.  Thank you. 

The water was 74° so the website said, it was warmer than it has been, even pleasant.  We rode the waves for quite awhile and laughed and laughed, water and swimming do that to me, I get incredibly happy. 

The beach was full of families and sunworsherpers soaking up the abundant sun, sounds of surf and the general good mood of the day. 



What a nut, don't you think I would notice my hat was on backwards?  Charlie puts up with so much, he's a saint. 

Bye for now, I'm off to put more coconut oil on, my greedy sun soaked areas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment