Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sugar Mill Garden



thought you might like to come on a tour of the Dunlawton sugar Mill Gardens with Charlie and I today. 


I am just smitten with the water gardens here, they are beautiful, so quiet and tranquil,  it is nice to relax and listen to the birds and the water falling into the quiet little ponds. 



There were a few flowers in bloom but the shade took the day, just gorgeous, the way it reflected off all the leaves and trees. 





The dark quiet paths were mysterious and eerie, but you knew they held old mysteries. 


Even plants have a mystery of their own here. 


Here is the reason for this beautiful garden, the Dunlawton sugar mills. Abandon over 200 years ago, a place where they made or tried to make sugar out of sugarcane; it was never successful too hot and hard to harvest dependably. Florida is just not a great place for sugarcane. 





Well that was pretty tiring LOL. I'm ready for a rest,  I'll sit down on this little bench rest up and be able to ride my bike home with Charlie; to think this is closer than the library from my house. 


Hope you liked the tour, Bye. 


3 comments:

  1. Did you find out who spent the money to build a mill that wouldn't mill,must not have much knowledge on processing the cane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Place! Audrey and I have been there several times..

    ReplyDelete