Monday, January 5, 2015

Dear Mark,

Wow, time has flown by, it's been a month already and the new year is here. 

Made it back to Florida safe and sound, maybe a little worse for ware considering we had a little 12 hr bug on the way down, and hopefully spared our hosts any unwelcome illness.  
But, luck would have it that we took turns feeling well enough to drive, but it sure was an adventure. 

Upon arrival we were greeted in the park by a lone turkey hen, she is quite comfortable gleaning the bugs and small lizards from all our homes - she is a beauty. 


New Year's Day brought a good washing of rain here so I guess it's a sign we will have a "shiney clean" year ahead. 


We are getting back into our routine here and I'm back to my "mail art". Love it, so pretty. 


Well in closing, yesterday we went to Casadaga to church and afterwards went for a walk. 
On our way to a park nearby, I saw this huge spider hanging between these trees in front of one of the homes. 

 I know it looks 5ft long - bad pic.  But it was about 5" and so creepy. 
 I could just imagine myself thrashing through the woods all hot and sticky and WHAM, walk right into this thing at face level!  Horror of horrors!
 That's what nightmares are made of. 

I will leave you with that thought, LOL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment