Thursday, March 20, 2014

Getting Things Done

  Today was a good day, I got a lot done. 

I went to visit a friend for a chat she is very creative, and has an imagination way busier than mine, if you can believe that. She is a blessing to me being so far from home, someone I can just drop in and visit with.  She also surprised me and dropped of a jar of her fresh made Florida strawberry jam!  How thoughtful. 

After I got home I got busy, that's what I call it - you know filling my expectation list.  I put the guest room back in order, Charlie had done some repairs or should I say modifications to the bed in there. He is very clever, it now looks like it came from the factory that way. I can't say what we did because we have guests coming and it ould be a spoiler.  

I received the book in the mail I had ordered on hooping, the mailman left it by the side porch door.  Hooping is my new obsession.  They say if you keep coming back to something it is a true enjoyment.  Well, hula hooping keeps coming back to me, this time I have time and energy to fully devote to it so I will.  The book looks interesting and I will get into it more at bedtime, (that's appointed reading time! Otherwise I would read ALL the time.) 

I am shooting for an hour a day of hoop practice, today was my first full hour.  Now that I have built up my stamina I will gradually increase my time, believe me the hour flies by when you are beginning like me.  I have to keep practicing certain moves over and over.  If my biginner status was measured by segments on a caterpillar, he would look like a gumdrop.  I have to trust what everyone says about all things, practice, practice and more practice.  I don't mind really, I put on some cool music and keep at it. 

I must admit Charlie and I snuck of to the beach around 3 o'clock, don't hate us!  It was just so clear and pleasant out we could hear the surf calling.    I swear the breeze brought the message to the house saying, "get your chairs and come to the ocean."  Well, what else could we do, you don't upset the ocean gods, we live to close, it could be dangerous, LOL.
 Charlie has been so busy the past couple of days that he deserved a relaxing afternoon.  He sealed the blacktop on the driveway- TWICE , and painted the patio portion -TWICE, I mean really the poor man is a machine.  He did a wonderful job I might add. 

Well, we had a nice walk on the beach and then sat and read our books, yes, I snuck in reading the hooping book. 
 It's so fun to watch all the people that come to the ocean. You can tell the northerners, they are in the water swimming, can't blame them after this winter, they probably think the water feels like a hot tub. There were people fishing and one guy out on a ski-do water jet thingy.  He had a helemet on and everything.  When he got out there you knew why, he was doing stunts! He was good, I even saw him do a flip in the air off a wave- there were wild waves today.  But, the interesting part was and I would have asked him when he came in, but we were walking and I didn't stay- dose the water get in your helmet, it was a full face type! I would be afraid of drowinging. How embarrassing would that be in the news paper - MAN DIES DUE TO DROWING, IN HIS HELMET! 

So you can see it WAS a busy day.  




I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment