Tuesday, March 18, 2014

3-18-2014 Beautiful Day

  My Kale 

Back to normal today. No tornado warnings, muggy air or grey grumpy clouds. 

I happened to come across a story telling book, based on Florida lore in the library the other day.  Being I enjoy storytelling, this one peeked my interest because I'm falling in love with the native Floridian culture and natural history.  I am probably glamorizing the area in my mind, but oh what a nice place it is.  The tales in this book are so unique in setting, that I am transported imedinatly to the location.  These fables could be universal but I can imagine them happening here, and several of the stories are based on Florida folk heroes. The stories are short and full of information about Florida. This is the book- Tellable CrackerTables by Annette J. Bruce.  I'm sure I will add a few of these local yarns to my sack of tales.

That's my morrning along with making my daily to do list, or as I think about it in my mind, my list of self expectations. If I didn't write a list I would read All day!  

Off I go for now see you later. 

Alice

 


I blog with BE Write

No comments:

Post a Comment