Wednesday, March 19, 2014

3-19-14 Riding To The Library

  

 
I rode my bike to the library, it's about 2 miles, mostly all flat, except for a couple rises in elevation. The little inclines down here were probably created by the wind blowing dirt around, that's about how significant the hills are. You could never gather enough speed going down a hill here on a toboggan to bother getting dressed to go out, even if they HAD any snow.  There are no dangers of kids balls rolling off the front lawns into the road or your car kicking out of gear ANYWHERE and it rolling away.  Yup, Florida is safely flat, a wonderful place to relax a pedal smoothly. 

It's a good workout though getting to the library, due to the wind direction.  The wind blows either north on Nova St (the main rd in front of our park) or south, usually north to south, which means you get a good tail wind pushing you to the library, but on the return Phew! It's a workout for sure, if shifting is a workout, you just adjust the pedaling shift up, shift down.  So I pedal la-de-da with a full basket of returns to the library and get lighter books to bring home, or none if it's crazy windy like today. 

Yes, but today was a better story. On the way to the library I stopped and picked a half lunch bag of loquats.  What are they you ask?  We'll besides being free, they are small oval, slightly sour sweet, little orangish fruit the size of a large cherry.  I'm probably the only person in port orange eating them, I never see any compitition  anyway.  I think somehow these little fruit take your appetite away.  It could be after I eat a half lunch bag more or less I'm full? 

 The interesting thing is each individual fruit has a random number of seeds in them, so as you eat them your counting how many seeds are in your mouth. The seeds are shaped like small peas, of course you spit them out. But you never know how many there will be 1? Or 5? That's the usual range - I will be excited the day I find 6 or....... None. I will report that to Charlie right away, I always share the most fascinating information with him. He's a joy. 

Well I'm going to go have some more loquats, here's a pic of them, wish I could share them with you. 

Alice 










I blog with BE Write

2 comments:

  1. Loving the blog.... enjoy your loquats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks travis 💗 wish I could give you some.

    ReplyDelete