Thursday, October 30, 2014

Readers are Leaders

Yes! I truly believe that children who grow up reading or at least enjoy looking at books and printed material will excel in life. 



Down here in Florida the first thing I did was get a library card.  I was very excited and worked hard getting documentation to have a "resident" card.  I love libraries. 

I've been going to the library regularly since I was a child it was a treat when I was young and is still a treat for me now. 

Port Orange has a wonderful library. It's located in the city center which is a property complex of its own, with all the municipal offices, recreation center and YMCA all on about 10 acres beautifully positioned around pond with a walking path. 


Inside is modern and friendly. 


With lots of activities for families and residents of PO.  When I was there Wednesday they were having a Halloween parade for preschoolers, I kid (no pun intended) you not there were at least 50 children! It was cute and reminded me of my children's childhood.  Blurry but you get the point. 



They must have some pretty hard core addicted readers here in Port Orange  because they actually have a book/DVD vending machine outside the front doors!!!!! So if you finish that last book in the middle of the night FEAR NOT! You can drive up, pop out of your car pick a selection, slide your card and  be off with your next read in a matter of moments. Quicker than coffee at McDonalds. 


Well off I go now to work on my own, read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment