Saturday, June 7, 2014

...Takin The Trolly Into Town.......

Beautiful sunny day, too many motorcycles and noise up here in Lake George.   Perfect day to get out of Dodge and explore mass transit Adirondack style. 


What a fancy ride!  One dollar will get you into town, about eight miles away, it's like your own private driver. 


Clean and comfortable only two of us going into Glens Falls.  Until I saw this picture I did not know there was air conditioning, yea! For cold air when it's too hot.  Boo, for me not being more observant. 


This was one of my destinations, nothing like strolling through a farmers market on a Saturday morrning.  There were a lot of people out, and a lot of interesting vendors and products.


Speaking of interesting... Here are Hal and Joyce Davis. They run a beefalo operation in argyle called Lick Springs Beefalo, and their beefalo are all grass fed and "happy".

The interesting part is they started farming with the cattle at retirement age after their children had left home. Wow, to have that kind of energy, and they don't look a day older than they did twenty years ago.  
Maybe I should get some cattle- NO! Scratch that, I have a rabbit potty pan that needs dumping and that's ENOUGH.  But it sure feels so good to see such sweet people and know they are your friends- all they way from childhood many moons ago. 


Theres my next stop the Crandall library, home away from home.  I love libraries, so quiet and cozy.  Actually, to me it seems like you are shopping but not having to pay any money.  
When my children were growing up we went to the library every week, it was a staple in our routine, so of course I do have lots of good feelings about the library. 

I ran into a friend or I should say she spotted me, what a wonderful surprise.  It's so nice when someone sees you and comes up and says hello, she is thoughtful like that. 


Time to go home, it was a full Trolly going back to Lake George.  I just love seeing all the different people that ride the bus, and take in the conversations that go on around me; I felt like Harriet the Spy. 


As you can see there are plenty of motorcycles to greet us as we pull back into town.  It sure was good to get away for awhile. 

Bye.... What? ......... I couldn't hear you.......VROOM...VROOM.....

No comments:

Post a Comment