Monday, February 23, 2015

Dear Brother Mark,

Wow! What a cheerful weekend, just lounging about. 


Look what I received in the mail from my daughter Victoire! A surprise Valentines package!!  She really "gets me" the gifts are all for my planner addiction! 
Except the chocolate, that's a I LOVE you gift. 


Look what I made tonight- my moms raisen surprise cookies, Yummy. 


And look who cam to see me in my living room - my good friend Martha Stewart. 


Check out this swap I sent today- what fun a "crossed letter" they are from Victorian times, befor the first stamp. 
 Letters were charged by the page so people only used one sheet. 
What you did was write to the bottom and then turn it 90°, some people did it three times if it was necessary. 
 Jane Austin wrote them in her day and even made reference to them in some of her books.  
It was a lot of fun to write. Reading it might prove a bit more challenging- thank heavens for the penny stamp it was the first stamp and crossed letters were considered bad etiquette after that. 

So I leave you with that stimulating bit of information to ponder on. 

Byefornow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment